When patients need to replace an entire upper or lower arch of teeth, Dr. Kovach at Trinity River Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center offers full-arch restorations. Full-arch restoration is an incredibly efficient and effective way of replacing many or all of your teeth using as few as four permanent and secure dental implants. For patients who are looking for an alternative to removable dentures, full-arch restoration may be a good option.
Why choose full-arch restoration?
For patients who are healthy enough to receive dental implants, full-arch restoration offers a permanent, secure, and natural-looking solution. Even if some bone loss has taken place around the teeth and gums, the strategic placement of the implants creates a secure foundation for your new replacement teeth. Patients who choose to get a full-arch restoration often experience the following benefits:
- Secure, functional new replacement teeth
- Ability to eat foods normally
- No inconvenient removable parts
- Implants to prevent bone loss and dental shifting
- Simple care instructions
Full-Arch Restoration Procedures
The process of having a full-arch restoration is usually a team effort between you, your oral surgeon, and your dentist. Before your procedure, you will have to come in for a consultation appointment. This appointment will allow your surgeon to review your condition and take 3D scans of your mouth. Much of the treatment planning is based on these 3D images, which saves time and creates a more accurate treatment plan for the patient.
The exact treatment plan for each patient will depend on their condition, but in general, the full-arch procedure goes as follows:
- First, your oral surgeon will administer the appropriate anesthesia. Then, he will strategically place four or more implants beneath the gums. These implants will anchor your final prosthesis in place, creating a secure and stable foundation. Depending on your situation, you may be able to receive your final denture right away, but in some cases, patients choose to have a temporary denture in place while their implant sites heal completely; doing so can ensure that your implants heal fully and successfully before they undergo additional pressure.
- Your dentist will custom make your prosthesis/denture to look just like your healthy natural teeth. Once the entire process is complete, and the surgical sites have healed, you will be able to eat, speak, and smile confidently with your permanent new teeth.
Full-Arch Restorations in Willow Park, TX
If you need to replace many or all of your upper and/or lower teeth, full-arch restoration may be right for you. Many patients who want an alternative to removable dentures opt for the more permanent and secure full-arch procedure. To learn more or schedule your consultation, contact our office at (817) 441-5000. One of our staff members will be happy to assist you.